Protecting Your Privacy
At The Maharani Diaries, we (“us” or “our”) are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected at all times.
The Maharani Diaries is committed to and bound by the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal Data Collection
In the process of logging on to our website or filling out the forms on our website www.themaharanidiaries.com), we may collect and store the information which you provide which includes:
- Email address and other contact details
- Details of the services you enquired about or we have provided to you
- Banking details
- Details which relate to any faults on our website
- Customer surveys
- Personal data may also be collected via our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
Electronic Data Collection
We may collect information relating to the technology (e.g. device, operating system, browser) you use to access our website, location data and other relevant communication data (e.g. IP address).
When you log onto our website, we may use packets of data known as Cookies which are stored on your computer. These enable us to provide you with a more personalized service by customizing our website to your specific interests and speeding up the access to our website and searches within our website. However, you can refuse to accept cookies when you log on to our website by changing the settings on the browser but note that this may prevent access to parts of the website.
Collection Of Information
We collect information in a lawful way in accordance with the Privacy Act, Australia.
The information we obtain and hold from you will be used:
- to confirm and verify your identity
- to enable access to the content on our website in the most effective manner
- to assist our partners and inform them that you are communicating through The Maharani Diaries, in case we need to pass on personal information such as contact details to wedding suppliers
- to provide you with information which you request from us
- to provide you with information which we feel may be of interest to you based on your preferences and only when you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (i.e. direct marketing)
- to fulfil contracts entered into between you and us
- to notify you about any changes to our website or the services which we provide
- for billing purposes, to obtain statistical data for ourselves and to our advertisers/sponsors so as to monitor browsing patterns. The information does not identify specific individuals
- to gather statistical data (ie. in this case, the information will be anonymous) for market research purposes or to disclose to a third party
- to prevent unlawful, illegal or harmful activity
- data storage and website security
All private or personal information is stored on secure servers and all payment transactions will be encrypted. We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
For parts of the website which require password access, we will provide you with a unique password and it will be your responsibility to keep it confidential.
While we at The Maharani Diaries do our best to ensure that your personal information is secure, the Internet is not and as such transmission of information is at your own risk. If for any reason, you feel that your personal information has been hacked into, you are requested to inform us as soon as possible so that we can take the necessary steps to prevent future unauthorized access.
The Maharani Diaries protects all personal information that we hold including:
- password protection on computers (these are changed regularly)
- secure hard copy documents, electronic storage and hardware
- firewall, antivirus software
- training and internal policies
- payment system operators
- the promoters/sponsors of any competitions we hold
Sharing Of Data
Unless we inform you otherwise, The Maharani Diaries does not have any right to use personal information or any other information we share with our clients or wedding suppliers, beyond what is necessary to assist us. You will hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with our clients and suppliers.
You can access and correct any personal information you provide to us by contacting us directly. However, we may need to verify your identity. In this instance, we will ask you to put through your request in writing.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information you provide to us to enforce our policies or where we are permitted to do so by law. The request must be legally compliant and valid from a law enforcement or government authority.
Your personal information could be shared with the following:
- suppliers and contracted service providers such as IT services, marketing agencies, printers or distributors
- payment system operators
- the promoters/sponsors of any competitions or promotions we hold
- any third parties such as Facebook (provided that you have given us permission to connect with your Facebook account)
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies or other organisations authorized or permitted by law
Third Party Links
On our website, we will provide links to various third party websites (for example, wedding/event partners or suppliers). We will endeavour to ensure that they are current and maintained. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on those websites. The Privacy policies of those websites may or may not differ from our own. As such we encourage individuals to read through them prior to using third party websites.
We encourage you to log on and keep posted on this page, so that you may keep up to date with any changes which have been made.